I received several reminders today – the first being about my appointment with the eye surgeon at 8:20 a.m. on Thursday. What in the world time will I have to get up in order to be there on time! It’s about a 30 minute trip in traffic, but because I was raised to be on time I always manage to arrive early, so I will no doubt leave home at 7:30. I have to walk the dog, shower, dry my hair, and dress – good heavens, I will probably awaken at 5 am and not be able to go back to sleep.
I’m really counting on this appointment, although I know in my heart there will be no new earth shattering news, and I will probably not be able to leave here the end of March. Maybe the end of April?
The second reminder was taped to my door, to notify me that my lease is up. I can continue month to month with an extra $100/month fee, or go to a 7-16 month lease term with a $10 a month increase in rent, or I can pack up my things in storage and move someplace until I can travel. I don’t think in my present condition I could pack this place up, find a storage unit, and move out by the end of March. So I will probably stay for another month. I certainly don’t want to live in my camper for a month, although I could do it. I could easily do it if I was on an extended trip.
I have decided to sell my truck and camper, as a package if possible, but separately if necessary. I made a giant mistake, but I don’t like to dwell on mistakes so I will chalk it up to a lesson learned and try to fix things. I’m intending to buy another Jeep Grand Cherokee or equivalent vehicle, and load up my cooler, camp stove, and tent for the camping adventures I choose. I still hope to travel cross country and spend half the year in the east and half in the west.
The big question in my mind now is whether to try to sell it here, or to drive it to New York in the spring and sell it there. My main concern is whether I can register a relacement vehicle in South Dakota since I won’t be a full time RVer, at least until I can decide where I will make my residence permanent. I know my insurance company will no longer continue to carry me, as they only insure residents of SD or full time RVers. Possibly I can find a different insurance company, but it will take some research.
This is what I should have done when I sold my 5th wheel, but I just wasn’t ready to let go of my truck yet. I love that truck and will surely cry when somebody else drives it away.