Still awaiting test results

I haven’t any word yet on the test for Valley Fever, and I can’t imagine why any test these days can’t be run faster than this one. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, and maybe by then we will know about the blood test results. My chest congestion and cough are much worse and don’t show any signs of abating, so I think I need a diagnosis – is it bronchitis or what. Donald’s mom and my sister both have pneumonia, but I’ve had that often enough to know the feeling and symptoms, and I definitely don’t have pneumonia yet. I am avoiding people as much as possible until I know if I’m contagious, and I’ve missed several family gatherings with all the grandchildren as well as a niece visiting from Florida.

The reason I was so dehydrated last week was that I just couldn’t fix a meal to eat, and that is when I usually drink a lot of water – with meals. I had mentioned that to Jeannie a few days ago, and the next day Donald came by with meals he had cooked for me, so I’m dining in style now! I can tell an immediate improvement in my overall health as well, not that I’m feeling great, but when I feel bad past a certain point I don’t eat, and then I don’t even care if I eat. That can be a big problem, and I realize now how true it is that you can go for a long time without food but only a short time without water. I did manage to drink my coffee in the mornings, which made the dehydration even worse, but at least now I’m back on an even keel. Thanks God for blessing my daughter with a wonderful husband, and me a wonderful son-in-law.

Donald thought he could smell mold when he stopped in with the food, but when Jeanne came by today to take me to my eye doctor appointment, she couldn’t tell. They both said I could come and stay at their house, which I hope I don’t have to do yet. I have exactly one month to get things boxed up and ready to move into storage, and I can do it best if I’m living here.

I had forgotten that there were still three small stitches in my cornea, and Dr. G. removed two of them today. What a difference in my eyesight. Not quite good yet, but he is really pleased with my progress and will remove the last of the stitches on my next visit in 6 weeks. As soon as that is taken care of I hope to leave for New York.

If I can depart Sacramento in mid-May that will leave me homeless for two weeks, so maybe I will stay with Donald and Jeannie at that time. They should get their fill of me and my dog in a couple of weeks.

The thermometer topped 80F today, and was just about perfect. Tomorrow will be another day above 80, and then it will go back to the 70’s for a while, which is ideal for me.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Still awaiting test results

  1. Anonymous says:

    Your chest congestion and general malaise could be due to the mold problem your landlord "fixed." Could be the time to talk to your doctor about this.

  2. Man, I sure hope you find out something quick so they can start treating whatever it is. But good news about your eye. That is at least a positive. Waiting to hear what the doc has to say.

  3. Vera says:

    Happy for you that you are feeling a bit better. I hope you find out more from your doctor tomorrow. Let us know!!!

  4. pidge says:

    Good news about your sight, but I sure would be checked for the mold thing. I have heard that can be a very serious infection.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s