I just found out from the Weather Channel that severe storms are predicted in the Roanoke VA area, which is in the vicinity of where I planned to stop on my way to Asheville. As it stands now I will be leaving on Friday morning and getting into Asheville Saturday afternoon. The shipping company is scheduled to pick up my boxes on Wednesday, and I’m hoping I can get everything done by then.
The company emailed me the bill of lading which I’m supposed to print and give to the driver, but since I don’t have access to a printer I’m not sure how to go about doing it. I’m hoping I can take a copy of the paperwork on a flashdrive to a place like Office Depot and get it printed. Also, I plan to get the rocking chair back to NY if I can and store it in Mike’s basement until Ara’s next school term in September.
The shipping isn’t going to be cheap, but it will be approximately what I would pay for another year’s storage so I don’t want to wait any longer.
The paperwork came through that allows me to affix my SD license plates to the Highlander. I didn’t want to travel out of the state with the NY “In Transit” paper in my rear window, and I’m happy to be legal now. The two grandsons “helped” Mike put the plates on the vehicle. They keep wanting to get into the front seat but I’m not letting them into the car at all. It would be different if I knew where everything was and which buttons and switches do what, but I don’t want to have to pull over on the highway to figure out what is going on. Additionally, it will probably be raining all day Friday and into the night. I wonder if I should even bother taking the tent. I’ve spent the last two days researching campgrounds but it looks like Central Virginia is going to get even more rain, and the ground is already saturated.
I see the cardiologist tomorrow and hope I don’t hear anything I don’t like. I’m NOT going to take any more prescription medicines, and I will have to tell him that I scrapped the crappy blood pressure medicine he gave me a month ago. I’m glad my appointment is early – 9 am – and then I will get it over with and concentrate on getting to Asheville. I have my clothes packed but need to get the cooler ready and then decide about the tent. I probably shouldn’t take any more than absolutely necessary since I’ll likely be hauling back a rather large rocking chair. Poor Lady.