I managed to get an early start so that I could get two coats of paint on the ceiling. I also cleaned and primered a couple more of the cabinet fronts. I didn’t want to have to deal with a regular screwdriver and all those screws, so I dug out my cordless drill/screwdriver and it’s on the charge right now.
Tomorrow I will get a gallon of satin finish for the cabinet fronts. The hardware and screws are disgusting with all the grease they’ve accumulated, and I soaked some of them for the past couple of days in a solution of Pine Sol and Dawn dishwashing liquid. I couldn’t believe when I pulled the screws out of the solution and started rinsing them, the blobs of hardened grease just dropped off, though I had to use a brush on the handles and hinges. Now I made some new solution in a cup and have some more hardware sitting there to soak.
I began having symptoms of allergies a few days ago, but have now developed a deep cough. This is exactly what happened to me last year a month or so after I returned from Arizona. Back then I even had a blood test to see if I had Valley Fever, but it was negative. I woke up in the middle of the night and took some cough syrup and an allergy tablet, and was able to go back to sleep. Add this to my sore muscles and I am one falling-apart woman.
I’d almost like to say I wish I hadn’t ever started all this painting, but down deep I am very happy with it. I knew the kitchen would be a nightmare and it is proving to be pretty close to that. I’m working in a fairly small space while having to use the space on a daily basis for its original purpose. I’m not doing much in the way of cooking, but that’s going to have to change pretty soon because I’m getting hungry! I had thought I would cook tonight, but ended up eating two tangerines instead.